dimanche 8 avril 2007

Life is good


So it’s Easter Sunday and I had the obvious task of doing the shopping. Because 1) there are a lot of people doing their shopping at the same time, see photo above 2) we eat lots of super goodies, a gigot and big tarts, with a commensurate bill.

Anyway it’s all very nice. The kids are here, with attachments. The weather is lovely. The Easter bunny hid chocolate eggs in the garden. The garden looks beautiful with the cherry blossom. The company made a good profit in Q1. I have new customers. The new employee is working out well. I am off to Portugal for a week’s holiday on Friday. And I am going to open a bottle of burgundy from my cellar. Jesus isn’t life good. My wife went to church to pray that it continues, a bit anyway.
Happy Easter.

2 commentaires:

Bill Taylor a dit…

Christ, or so we're reliably informed, is risen. And I've just risen from the dinner table. My wife laboured for two days to prepare an admirable cassoulet, which we followed with Baluchon, a nice barnyardy Quebec cheese, very reminiscent of Rebluchon. I opened one of my '05 St. Nic Bourgeuils and decanted it about an hour an ahead of time. It went well with the meal; nicely robust.
The weather could be better. There was a dusting of snow this morning. It's gone now, the sun is shining and it looks like a lovely evening. But it's still below zero.
I've never been to Portugal. I envy you. Yes, life is good. Knocking, as always, furiously upon wood.

Gigi a dit…

But...but...the Easter Bunny is an Anglo-Saxon, Richard!! What was he doing hiding eggs in your garden? Or perhaps he's applied for French nationality (lucky bunny - he'll be able to vote!)? In any case, I bet les cloches weren't too happy to be out of a job, eh?

Hope you had a great Easter anyway :-)