mercredi 4 avril 2007

Masters of Disinformation

If you send a message to the Telegraph, this is what they say.


"Thank you for your comment

Your comment has been submitted for moderation so may not appear for a few minutes."


Which in my humble opinion is not a very honest statement. So, after a whole sequence of harmless posts being axed, I sent a post in quoting this message and saying that the British are the masters of disinformation. My message didn't get posted, but the next one did!!!! Guilty conscience?

11 commentaires:

Louise a dit…

Stop trying to play in Big League, Richard. All my postings are systematically blocked now - obviously I don't have friends in high places!

Bill Taylor a dit…

I dunno what I'm doing right but both of mine got through unscathed today and one of them was less than complimentary about the Hamster of Antibes.

richard of orleans a dit…

Well, Louise following the above mentioned squeal my two next posts got through. So it does seem that somebody listens to the sweepers of this world.

How terribly aristocratic.

Louise a dit…

Well, I've been spring-cleaning my house so why don't my comments get through? You have obviously had many more years of practice than I.

Bill Taylor a dit…

They're still using mine. Two more just went up. I'm almost tempted to fly over for the open house next week....

richard of orleans a dit…

Bill, be warned I have strong opinions about the extravagant and unnecessary generation of CO2. No doubt not as strong as the inhabitants of the Maldives, but nevertheless my house in Brittany is on the ocean front. I don't want your pollution over here anymore than that of Colinb's which is already here.

Bill Taylor a dit…

When I say fly, I mean row very quickly....

richard of orleans a dit…

OK then you'll need a good deodorant for the meeting.

Bill Taylor a dit…

I'll borrow Voldemort's. I'm sure he'll be in a lather.

Sarah a dit…

I'm trying to decide how to get to the UK this summer for my holiday with the boys.

Ryanair Marseille to Stansted is 7.99Eur each way.
Taking the car will cost 500Eur (plus wear and tear), taking the train a bit less but I'd have to hire a car there.
Um...

Louise a dit…

Think you've answered your own question there, Sarah!